The Doctor or Ministry degree program is designed to stretch your understanding of who you are and who you are called to be. As a degree candidate, you are encouraged to study, explore, and develop your spiritual calling and giftedness so that you become a vessel fully equipped for the ministry of Christian leadership.
If you seek continued theological and ministerial education that will allow you the freedom to explore and develop your ministerial calling, then we encourage you to submit an application to the D.Min. program at Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond.
Here are some details you need to know regarding the application process:
- The application period remains open until all seats in the program have been filled for the current academic year.
A Doctor of Ministry Application at BTSR requires the following prerequisites:
- Complete and Submit a Doctor of Ministry Application online.
- Official transcripts of all work demonstrating the completion of an M.Div or its equivalent at an ATS accredited seminary with a GPA of at least 2.75 (A=4.0).
- Evidence of at least two years in full-time ministry after completion of the M.Div.
- Evidence of current involvement in ministry.
- Submit three references from persons acquainted with your ministry skills: seminary teacher, ministry or denominational colleague, and layperson. These forms will be provided for you in the application online.
- Score report of the Miller Analogies Test.
- Statement giving reasons for applying, goals for ministry, goals for the program, and thoughts regarding a possible ministry project which demonstrate interests compatible with a graduate program in practical ministry.
- Writing sample of publishable quality.
- Remit $35 application fee.