If you wish to attend BTSR knowing that a full M.Div is not in your future, the Non-Degree Study program is for you. This program allows you to take courses with no intention of graduating; but if you change your mind and want to pursue your M.Div, you may transfer all of your credits into an M.Div degree (after applying for the M.Div program). Persons who have earned a baccalaureate degree may take up to 2.5 course credits per semester as a special student.
Also, if you are a college student who is within 12 semester hours of completing your baccalaureate degree, you may take up to a maximum of four credits in order to begin your BTSR career.
A Non-Degree Application at BTSR requires the following prerequisites:
- Credit courses from a community college, trade school, or an undergraduate equivalent; preferably 12 hours or above. The grade point average must be 2.0 or above.
- Complete and submit a BTSR Non-Degree Application online.
- Submit a Personal Statement
- Official transcript or transcripts. For non-seminary work, send transcripts from all schools where you have completed more than six hours of study. For seminary work, send transcripts of all study.
- Remit the $35 application fee.