The Ralph Langley Preaching Scholarship will not be available until Fall 2015.
The Missions Committee of First Baptist Church, Huntsville, Alabama with advisement from our pastor is seeking ways to help encourage and equip future leadership in the pastoral role. The financial requirement of seminaries for today’s students is a tremendous burden. Already we have provided scholarship help for seminary students from our own church. Now, we would like to give the church an opportunity to directly support promising students in pulpit skills and pastoral training beyond our own congregation. Since support of theological education has always been an important part of Baptist mission work, we believe that this idea is consistent with our history of missions support.
The scholarship is to be awarded to one entering Baptist student at $10,000 per year for a period of three (3) years. Prior to making application for the preaching scholarship, the student must apply for admissions to BTSR and be accepted to the M.Div. program by the scholarship deadline.
Criteria for selection of :
- Complete application requires basic personal and education information.
- Requires three (3) references that attest to the evidence of gifts/skills for preaching and pastoral ministry. References will be a significant importance to the selection process.
- Requires responses to five (5) questions that focus on congregational ministry (located in application).
- Welcomes a description of an internship or work experience by the applicant that is in the context of preaching and/or congregational ministry.
- During the three (3) year period that the student is receiving The Ralph Langley Preaching Scholarship, the recipient may be invited to visit First Baptist Church, Huntsville, AL in order to:
- Meet church members, scholarship donors, and the Pastor Emeritus, Ralph Langley;
- Affirm the importance of the scholarship gift to the individual student;
- Build relationship with FBC, Huntsville for a continuing partnership.
Please download the application below and submit to BTSR by May 15, 2012.
The Ralph Langley Preaching Scholarship Application